Are you a student or lifelong learner with an interest in theatre, theatre management, theatre production, or theatre education? A Nashville Shakespeare Festival internship can provide the real-world experience in professional theatre you're looking for. Opportunities are available year-round, and your college or university may allow you to earn credit for your intership.
OFFICE INTERNS needed year-round.
The Festival offers ongoing (unpaid) internships for students and young professionals who wish to get hands-on experience in professional theatre management and non-profit organizations . Interns work directly with the year-round Festival staff.
Duties may include:
- Website maintenance and social media projects
- Data entry and management
- Communicating with cast, crew, and volunteers
- Help with event planning and execution
- Web research
- General errands, filing, and assist with administrative & production functions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good writing and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Flexible, team player, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- An interest in and/or knowledge of non-profit professional theatre
Hours are flexible. The Shakespeare offices are open Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm. Also possibly some night and weekend events.
PRODUCTION INTERNS needed for Winter Shakespeare and Shakespeare in the Park
Production interns work as assistants or crew on the production. Production interns will be placed according to area of interest and availablilty of positions. Prior experience preferred but not required. Hours determined by duties.
Winter Shakespeare at Belmont University's Troutt Theatre
Rehearsals begin December 8th
Production runs January 10 - 27, 2013, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons
Shakespeare in the Park at Centennial Park, Nashville
Production runs August 15 - September 15, 2013, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Additional performance on Labor Day Monday
Send your resume to Robert Marigza at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nashville Shakespeare Festival, 161 Rains Ave., Nashville, TN 37203